Upcoming programs @ your library:
Click on an event to learn more.
- Booktalk: "Bayou Pigeon, LA Spirit of the Atchafalaya" @the Plaquemine Library onThursday, Dec. 5, 6:30pm. There will be local stories, music, refreshments, and books for sale. Join us!
- Preteen Christmas Celebration @the Plaquemine Library Saturday, Dec. 7, 11am
- Lapsit/Storytime elves come visit Santa @the Plaquemine Library Wednesday, Dec. 11, 10:30am
- Volunteers needed @your Iberville Parish Library to provide basic free income tax return preparation for eligible taxpayers.
- Our Children’s Librarian—Anne Reeves—is retiring at the end of the year. We bet you appreciate her many years of dedication to Iberville kids. Visit her at the Main Library to let her know how YOU feel!
- Oak Tree Readers Book Club @the Plaquemine Library Saturday, January 18th, 2pm
- Plaquemine Branch of the Iberville Parish Library offers laptops for checkout
- Library Closures for 2013
IBERVILLE PARISH LIBRARY --PLAQUEMINE BRANCH-- NOW PROVIDING LAPTOPS FOR CHECKOUT
The Plaquemine Branch of the Iberville Parish Library is now providing 10 laptops for checkout. The laptops are part of a federal grant awarded to the State Library of Louisiana. Any library patron who is at least 18 years old and has no lost library materials or overdue fines on his record may check out a laptop by showing his public library card and valid Louisiana-issued picture I.D.
The laptops have been installed with Microsoft Office 2007, among other programs. Microsoft Office is the leading software application suite and includes Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word. Students completing homework projects, adults conducting research or who are job hunting, and those who are simply curious what all the fuss is about will be able to check out the laptops and experience what it is to use a computer and work in the comfort of their homes. All laptops are wireless-enabled, so they can access the Internet from any public hot spot.
Click here to read more about Louisiana Libraries: Connecting People to Their Potential project
Oak Tree Readers
book club selection is
Everyday In Tuscany
by Frances Mayes
Our next meeting is
Saturday, January 18th @2pm at the Plaquemine Library.
Ask your librarian for a copy. Everyone who reads the book is invited.
This club is sponsored by the Iberville Parish Library and Friends of the Iberville Public Libraries.
We are looking for volunteers to provide basic free income tax return preparation for eligible taxpayers. In just 30-45 minutes you can make a difference in the life of someone in your community by helping them to claim $$thousands$$ in tax credits. If you have a desire to serve your community and have minimal computer skills, then you qualify. Volunteers are needed to help low-to-moderate income families file their tax returns at the Iberville Parish Library Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Center that provides this service free of charge. All training and certification is provided to you by the IRS. You will become proficient in preparing tax returns while helping those in your community that need it most.
For more information contact Elizabeth Haynes at 687-2520 or email email@example.com.
(Ages 9 and Older)
Join us at the library for a
Christmas Celebration! Create your own personalized Christmas cards, ornaments, and many more crafts!
WHEN: Saturday, December 7 , 2013
WHERE: Plaquemine Library
CONTACT: Holly @ 225-687-2520
COME AND VISIT
Wednesday, December 11, 10:30
MERRY CHRISTMAS &
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
LAPSIT WILL RESUME
TUESDAY, JANUARY 7, 2014
STORYTIME WILL RESUME
THURSDAY, JANUARY 9, 2014