Upcoming programs @ your library:
Click on an event to learn more.
Help Flood Victims!
Food for Fines
Iberville Parish Libraries
Bring in non-perishable food items to any Iberville branch library and we will waive some late fees;
$1.00 for can goods,
$2.00 for any canned meats!
We will take any and all donations (no expired foods).
For more information call us at 687-2520 or follow us on our Facebook page.
- Storytime begins Sept. 6 at the following libraries:
Plaquemine Library - Wednesdays @10:30am, ages 0-5
White Castle Library - Thursdays @10am, ages 3-5
Rosdedale Library - Tuesdays @10:30am, Preschool and Saturdays @1pm, all ages
1. Emergency information can be found online at emergency.louisiana.gov
2. you can Click Here to access the Governor's Office of Homeland Security (GOHSEP).
3. Latest road closures, advisories, and flood areas can be found HERE on the DOTD's Traveller's site.
4. President Obama declared a major disaster in the state, thereby enabling federal funding. To apply for FEMA aid, please click HERE or call 800-621-3362.
5. If you need to report an animal emergency please contact the LA Department of Agriculture and Forestry Hotline at 885-452-5323 or contact your parish's GOHSEP contact HERE.
- Oak Tree Readers Book Club @the Plaquemine Library Saturday, September 24, 2pm
- Plaquemine Branch of the Iberville Parish Library offers laptops for checkout
- Library Closures for 2016
IBERVILLE PARISH LIBRARY --PLAQUEMINE BRANCH-- NOW PROVIDING LAPTOPS FOR CHECKOUT
The Plaquemine Branch of the Iberville Parish Library is now providing 10 laptops for checkout. The laptops are part of a federal grant awarded to the State Library of Louisiana. Any library patron who is at least 18 years old and has no lost library materials or overdue fines on his record may check out a laptop by showing his public library card and valid Louisiana-issued picture I.D.
The laptops have been installed with Microsoft Office 2007, among other programs. Microsoft Office is the leading software application suite and includes Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word. Students completing homework projects, adults conducting research or who are job hunting, and those who are simply curious what all the fuss is about will be able to check out the laptops and experience what it is to use a computer and work in the comfort of their homes. All laptops are wireless-enabled, so they can access the Internet from any public hot spot.
Click here to read more about Louisiana Libraries: Connecting People to Their Potential project
Oak Tree Readers
book club selection is
by Kate Chopin
Our next meeting is
Saturday, September 24 @2pm at the Plaquemine Library.
Ask your librarian for a copy. Everyone who reads the book is invited.
This club is sponsored by the Iberville Parish Library and Friends of the Iberville Public Libraries.